It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Associating releases with global configurations from 7.0.2

Rakesh A (33430) | asked Jun 01 '21, 8:58 a.m.
edited Jun 01 '21, 9:03 a.m.
Hello,
    Currently I am using IBM ELM 6.0.6.1. But soon in couple of months there is a plan to migrate to 7.0.2. Due to the new change introduced in this 7.0.2 i.e: Configuring the used GC as the release object in EWM (RTC) is now done in GC application.

As in ALM 7.0.2 Integration of EWM (RTC) to GC has changed.
To migrate / link the releases of GC for earlier Project Area's that were created before 7.0.2 ,  Import Release Links wizard has been introduced.

We have GC linking to CCM , DNG & RQM.  So I have below questions as we are migrating to 7.0.2 :
  • Is this Import Release Links an one time activity that need to done for all necessary project areas ?
  • Anything apart from this need to be considered ? If yes, pls share the steps.

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jun 02 '21, 6:36 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

One caveat about work-item linking in 7.0.2.

Prior to 7.0.2, when you enabled "OSLC link/attribute mapping", when you clicked on link to a versioned artifact, it would use the global configuration based on the properties of that work item and the GC/Release mappings.
Currently in 7.0.2, if you have no "current-GC context" set in the banner, it will use the "default local stream" of the component containing the artifact you are linking to (instead of one of the valid global configurations based on the GC/Release mappings).
There is a work item to restore the pre-7.0.2 functionality when the GC context header is null:  https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=531854
If you are depending on the pre-7.0.2 functionality for link navigation from work items to versioned artifacts, you probably will want to subscribe to that work item and vote it up.

permanent link
Ian Wark (79713450) | answered Jun 01 '21, 9:30 p.m.

I think this Import Release Links activity is one time and should be done for all EWM project areas.

I'm not aware of anything else to be considered with respect to this change in ELM 7.0.2.

See Knowledge Center for details

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.