It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Requirement in the collection considered in a baseline?

mike jojo (132) | asked May 17 '21, 6:03 a.m.

Hi,

i moved some requirements from the main stream to a created collection. So, in the main stream they do not appear anymore. However, i don't know when a baseline of the main stream is created, the requirements within the collection will be part or considered in the baseline? 

thank you

Comments
mike jojo commented May 17 '21, 1:29 p.m.

i was i removed requirements from a module to a collection. so i wanna know if i create a baseline from a module where i removed some artifacts (currently gathered in a collection), those gathered requirements in the collection will be considered or will be part of the baseline.

2 answers

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered May 17 '21, 12:16 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

When you take a baseline of a component, that always includes everything in the component.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 17 '21, 1:22 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This question doesn't quite make sense as written.   You can move a requirement from one folder to another, you can add a requirement to a collection, and you can remove a requirement from a collection.   But I don't know what you mean by "move a requirement to a collection".   Also, an artifact (such as a collection) resides in a stream.   You can merge it from one stream to another (once you activate configuration management), or you can delete it from the stream, but you cannot "move it from the stream".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.