It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Setting RTC 7.x extensibilty, failed to connect to remote VM when Launching Debug Liberty Profile

Marcelo Bilezker (4619) | asked May 15 '21, 9:45 p.m.

I am following instructions of the file named as 

The document is very detailed and very clear. But I got the message as shown in the picture below when trying to Debugg 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 17 '21, 3:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The document states to configure the server.startup file and then to start the server using server.startup -debug.
If you stopped and restarted the server without the parameter -debug, the debug port would not be listened too and the error message will likely the one above. Note, to see the image I had to edit the original question.

I will add the following to the workshop:

If the Eclipse debugger can not connect to the Java VM, make sure the server was started using server.startup -debug. If in doubt stop and restart the server with this parameter.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Marcelo Bilezker (4619) | answered May 17 '21, 5:52 a.m.

Hi.

The server was running with the -debug option, (i write a .bat file that include the -debug option, so i am sure), 
and the server.startup.bat file was modified according to instructions in the document.

Comments
Marcelo Bilezker commented May 17 '21, 6:00 a.m.

I changed the user to one different of ADMIN-ADMIN. I change it also in  workshopsetup.bat and login succesfully with my user/password to the jazz server

Do you think the change in user can be the problem?
May be they need to be declared as admin in the jazz server?

Ralph Schoon commented May 17 '21, 7:09 a.m. | edited May 17 '21, 8:27 a.m.
You only use ADMIN/ADMIN once. Afterwards you use always myadmin when connecting to that server.

You are not supposed to touch the workshopSetup.bat, except if you need to fix a JRE or a path.

The connection to the port has nothing to do with what is in the server. It can fail, if was already taken, otherwise I don't know. There is no information about the environment. Regardless, it is not absolutely necessary to be able to perform that step. To do the workshop. The only hint I can give is, check the server.startup, check the Eclipse launch if the port maps. Shutdown all server, try to startup the one with -debug and monitor the console.

Ralph Schoon commented May 17 '21, 8:29 a.m.

I have tested this with 6.0.6.1 and 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 I would expect this to work with all RTC versions that are shipped with the liberty profile as default application server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.