It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Attempting to add comment to work item - comments are not added

Peter Carenza (136) | asked May 10 '21, 3:29 p.m.

I've created a groovy framework that accesses the Java Plain API, and I've been successful in all aspects of manipulating work items, build definitions, and source control except for one: adding comments to work items. 

Here is the function in question:

def addCommentToWorkItem(String workItemId, String commentText, monitor=null) {
            IContributor currentLoggedInContributor = repo.loggedInContributor();

IWorkItemClient wcl = (IWorkItemClient) repo.getClientLibrary(IWorkItemClient.class);
            IWorkItemWorkingCopyManager wcManager = wcl.getWorkItemWorkingCopyManager();
            IWorkItem wi = (IWorkItem) wcl.findWorkItemById(Integer.parseInt(workItemId), IWorkItem.FULL_PROFILE, monitor);
            wcManager.connect(wi, IWorkItem.FULL_PROFILE, monitor);

WorkItemWorkingCopy wiCopy = wcManager.getWorkingCopy(wi);
            wi = wiCopy.getWorkItem();
            // If the text contains links, add <a href="link">link text</a> in the text and use XMLString.createFromXMLText
            // IComment comment = wi.getComments().createComment(currentLoggedInContributor, XMLString.createFromXMLText("Testing comment at " + System.currentTimeMillis() + "<a href=\"https://jazz.net\">jazz.net</a>"));
            IComment comment = wi.getComments().createComment(currentLoggedInContributor, XMLString.createFromXMLText(commentText));
            wi.getComments().append(comment);
            wiCopy.save(monitor);
            wcManager.disconnect(wi);
    }

But even if I append comments to a working item copy and save that working item copy, I don't see any comments added to the work item.  Am I missing something here?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 11 '21, 2:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You should use a workitem operation

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.