It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Missing class on PlainAPI

Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | asked Nov 24 '09, 8:33 a.m.
Hi,
I've tried to use plain Java API to develop some task on client side. I've find out that if I want to retrieve the links of a work-item the ILinkManager.findLinks() method (and all the other find methods) does not find nothing until com.ibm.filesystem.common.workitems has been added to classpath. This plugin does not belong to plain API, so I think it has to be added to work properly.

Or maybe I'm wrong?

Thanks,
Michele.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 24 '09, 12:20 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Michele,

I have no solution but I got this tip which might help finding such issues easier. You still develop for Plain Java, but fake the project to be for plug-in development. This gives you the ability to look at the SDK source code. The downside is you have to manually add the needed plugins.

I think this would have given you a hint that something is missing earlier in the process or at least get the code running. Of course you would have run into the same problem later when deploying your code.

cite on

This is the work item that discusses how to best setup for Java/JUnit development and the JPJC libs - by faking plugin development.

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=61215

cite off

I found this trick very helpful so far.

Ralph

Hi,
I've tried to use plain Java API to develop some task on client side. I've find out that if I want to retrieve the links of a work-item the ILinkManager.findLinks() method (and all the other find methods) does not find nothing until com.ibm.filesystem.common.workitems has been added to classpath. This plugin does not belong to plain API, so I think it has to be added to work properly.

Or maybe I'm wrong?

Thanks,
Michele.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.