It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Link Comparision in DNG

Deepak Latcham (111) | asked May 03 '21, 9:31 a.m.
Is there any other possibilities to show the differences for link types while comparing two artifacts or modules in DNG ?

To understand more how and where the DNG links being stores for GC enabled PA?

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 03 '21, 1:13 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The link type information is stored in local configuration, along with the artifacts, so just do a "Compare Configuration" operation on two configurations, to see how their link types are different.

A DNG link in a GC enabled PA is stored in the DNG artifact that is the "source" of the link (the source of a link is the artifact that shows a right-pointing triangle when that link is displayed).

Comments
Deepak Latcham commented May 04 '21, 2:55 a.m. | edited May 04 '21, 2:58 a.m.
Well thanks for your clarification , i posted this query here because i do really want to do below action to get completed but where as i am struggling to see the results.

DNG application, changes to satisfies links are not visible in the comparison view

Please help in this 

Geoffrey Clemm commented May 04 '21, 10:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your question asked about changes to the link types, but it sounds like you are you looking for changes to Satisfies link instances (i.e. the removal or addition of a link).   The main thing to be aware of is that the addition/removal of a link is recorded on the "source" artifact, not on the "target" artifact, so you would have to do the compare on the configuration that contains the source artifact. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.