It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Mapping between Epic and DNG Component

Shriraam Balasubramanian (4031237) | asked May 03 '21, 8:32 a.m.

Hello,

Is there a one-to-one mapping between RTC Epic to DNG Component?
If yes, how do perform that?

Best regards,
Shriraam 

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 03 '21, 9:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is no built-in mapping from an RTC Epic (or any other RTC item type) to a DNG component.

I am assuming that by RTC Epic, you mean an RTC work item type.
If you indicate why you want/need such a mapping, we might be able to give you some guidance on how to achieve it.

Comments
Shriraam Balasubramanian commented May 05 '21, 5:49 a.m.

Hello Geoff,

Thanks for your response.
Yes, that's right we want to have the traecaiblity between RTC Work Item type - Epic ->DNG Component.

Let me give a background on why we need this, 
1.) We have different projects created for our Automotive product  developed in DNG as Scope, Feature, Function, with different components inside.
2.) We also have RTC projects used for the planning the tasks for the release. This is linked with DNG modules and Artifacts.

As per our process, we create GCs for every release planned for the milestone. 
We include all the DNG baselined components and RTC releases.

It will be really great if we also could see the mapping of the RTC Work Item :Epic-> DNG Component.

Best regards,
Shriraam 

Matt Muller commented May 07 '21, 3:37 a.m. | edited May 07 '21, 3:38 a.m.

Hi Shriraam,

Good Morning,  
I'm not sure if you are talking about an OSLC Link type for this but I do not think that is possible..   What I would suggest is you create a view in the DNG Module (if that's possible not the complete component in DNG) and then use this as a link for the RTC Work Item EPIC...   
This will enable you to refine the content / view / columns in DNG and will then provide the "EPIC connected to the required Content in DNG.
It's one solution option for you.
The other option is to use a JRS report to package up the DNG Data and then look into connecting this to the RTC EPIC...  
Somethings to try or suggestions.
Matt

Shriraam Balasubramanian commented May 19 '21, 12:27 p.m.

Hello Matt,

No, I'm not talking about the OSLC Link.

How do you link the module view in DNG with RTC Epic? Sorry, I didnt understand these solutions.

Can you please explain in detail?

Best regards,
Shriraam 

Geoffrey Clemm commented May 22 '21, 1:56 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You need to provide some more information about your use case.   In particular, you say "It will be really great if we also could see the mapping of the RTC Work Item :Epic-> DNG Component".   What specifically would a user use that mapping to achieve? 

Also, to confirm, when you say "we have different projects created for our Automotive project, I assume by "projects" you mean "DNG project areas"?
And when you say "We also have RTC projects used for the planning the tasks for the release. This is linked with DNG modules and Artifacts", by "this", do you mean an RTC project area?   And what exactly do you mean by "is linked to DNG modules and artifacts"?   

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.