It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Review Comments in 701

Miroslav Zaninovic (36723) | asked May 03 '21, 5:46 a.m.
Hi,

we have noticed that from 7.0.1, when ever we create a review comment in module, it is automatically consider as normal comment as well. Review comment is visible than out of review as normal comment.

Is it a bug or expected behavior?

Help still says that review comments are visible only in review
"You can add modules to a review. You cannot add artifacts in the module. However, you can add comments to the artifacts in the module. You can mark the module as approved or reviewed. You can use the Review Comments column for adding the review comments. You can view the Review Comments column and the associated review comments only when you are in a review."

tnx

One answer

permanent link
Kimberly Boshers (1037) | answered May 03 '21, 11:15 a.m.
edited May 03 '21, 11:16 a.m.

I have found in 6.0.6.1 that the Review Comments (the Comments on the side within the Review area) are separate from the artifacts..  If you make a review Comment on an artifact in the Review, it will show up with the Artifact as a Review Comment with a link back to the Review if the Review still exists (whether finalized or not, I like that part!).  Whether Review Comments or Artifact Review Comments, they all become part of the Review Report.  If you don't want the Comment to show up with the artifact, you can use the Review Comments on the side within the Review area.  

Side Note: So far, I've been using the Review Comments area to direct to specific users how to perform their Review when it's their turn as part of our workflow.  This way works better for us than using the actual designated Instructions area found at the top of the Review.  It's too small (can be expanded), but most users don't know to do this.  It comes through in email to users that are part of the review as a long string whenever updated, so that area for specific instructions per user was less than ideal for our instructions area.
The Review Comment becomes part of the base artifact Comments.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.