It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In RTC, do approvers recieve notification emails even after they have approved thier part?

Logan Torres (175) | asked Apr 22 '21, 3:52 p.m.

In RTC, if I have an approval in a work item and the approver has approved it. Will they still get notification emails? Like whenever the work item changes states and things like that?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 23 '21, 2:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 23 '21, 2:23 a.m.

So how is EWM Mail Configuration for work items managed in EWM? It is managed (at least mostly) in the Mail Configuration tab of the users profile.

Most options for e-mails are generated because you are the creator, owner, modifier or the subscriber of a work item.
All these configurations are not becoming invalid because one approved a work item and as long as the user falls into one of the categories where notification is enabled, they will continue to get them.

There are approval related options
  • Email me for approval changes that affect me (checked by default)
  • <label class="checkbox" dojoattachpoint="_mailConfigApprovalsOwnCheckLabel" for="_mailConfigApprovalsOwnCheck"> Include my own changes to approvals  </label> (not checked by default)
At the end, which mails a user gets is totally dependent on their selection in their profile and their relationship to the work item. Being an approver is a minimal subset for potential notifications. So the answer is probably: maybe.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.