It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there anyway to combine filters in doors next generation with logical link such as AND/OR/...

akram 1997 (11) | asked Apr 21 '21, 6:14 p.m.

I'm working with IBM DOORS Next Generation 7.0, and i have an issue with creating views, when i want to combine filters in the same views i noticed that i dont have the opportunity to combine filters using OR, the only option is ADD FILTER, this functionality is in DOORS 9.6 but here in DNG i dont think so !

ANY HELP PLEASE ?

One answer

permanent link
Kimberly Boshers (1037) | answered Apr 22 '21, 10:05 a.m.
edited Apr 22 '21, 10:26 a.m.

I've found getting creative using tags helps with the lack of more complex filtering options that were available in Classic DOORS. 

Note: Filtering with tags only seems to work for me if I'm either within a module using the tags as part of the filter or filtering using a tag on a module at the folder-level.  I can't get them to work at the folder-level for base artifacts.  We are using 6.0.6.1.

Comments
akram 1997 commented Apr 22 '21, 2:09 p.m.

Thank you @Kim Boshers for your answer but in my case we are working on the migration from doors classic to doors next generation, so the views created in doors classic are essentially needed in DNG so absolutely the tags won't fix the problem. Thank you so much. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.