It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting ClassCastException randomly when calling IItemManager.fetchPartialItem(Location location, int flags, Collection requiredProperties, IProgressMonitor monitor)

Buu Huynh (111) | asked Apr 13 '21, 12:16 a.m.
Hello,

I am facing the following exception
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.proxy.$Proxy88 cannot be cast to com.ibm.team.repository.common.IAuditableHandle
    at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager.addDuplicates(ItemManager.java:1406)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager.buildListFromFetchResult(ItemManager.java:878)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager.applyItemUpdatesOrRefresh(ItemManager.java:800)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ItemManager.fetchPartialItem(ItemManager.java:1102)
when I call IItemManager.fetchPartialItem(Location location, int flags, Collection requiredProperties, IProgressMonitor monitor) with inputs
  • The location is created from a URI of a snapshot (baseline set)
  • The flags is IItemManager.DEFAULT
  • The requiredProperties is Collections.emptyList()
  • The monitor is null
This issue happens randomly with the same input.

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jun 04 '21, 12:40 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 04 '21, 12:41 p.m.

Thank you for raising this issue.

I looked into the code base and confirmed there is indeed a defect when calling the .fetch*() methods that take a Location instead of an IItemHandle. This defect would manifest when the backed item is an ISimpleItem instead of an IAuditableHandle (which is the case for snapshots [which are IBaselineSets]).
As a workaround, if you could parse the URL to pull out the itemId of the snapshot and build up a IBaselineSetHandle.
Then you can use IItemManager.fetchCompleteItem(IItemHandle itemHandle, int flags, IProgressMonitor monitor) to avoid this ClassCastException.

Rosa Naranjo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rosa Naranjo commented Jun 04 '21, 1:01 p.m.
Thanks

Buu Huynh commented Jun 07 '21, 10:22 p.m.

Thank David! I have another a workaround, if you face the ClassCastException, catch that exception and call the .fetch*() method again, it will run well.

2 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 14 '21, 4:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would suggest to open a case with support.

Comments
Buu Huynh commented Apr 14 '21, 7:03 a.m.

Thank Ralph

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Jun 04 '21, 10:03 a.m.
Hello
When opening a case with support that involves API, please keep in mind this technote:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.