It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work item templates with master project area

Christian Opitz (63411) | asked Apr 08 '21, 2:26 p.m.
Hi all,

when I create a WI template in a master area, I can use it in the child areas. This however only works as long as no other work item template exists in the child area. Even when they have different IDs, I am only able to see / select either the template in the child area, or the one from the master area (when the master area is set to final or when no  other templates exist in the child area).

I could understand that using the same IDs would lead to conflicts, but not if they are different. Is there any way to have both the template from the master area and the ones defined in the child area?

Thank you!

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 08 '21, 4:28 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No, if you make any local declarations in the process definition of a project area, that hides all declarations of that type from the master project area (so a local work item template will hide all work item templates from the master project area).   The only exception are the "delta" declarations (described in https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ConfigurationDataDeltaUserDoc )

Comments
Christian Opitz commented Apr 14 '21, 6:56 a.m.
I don't see a description for work item templates in this article. Is it possible to use this for work item templates as well?
Since I can't expect from every child project area users to modify the config xml when they want to create a template: Is it also possible to have the "delta" declaration in the master area and the "regular" declaration in the child areas?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 14 '21, 11:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If it isn't explicitly mentioned in the article, then it is not available as a delta declaration.   As I recall, there is no delta mechanism against templates. 

Christian Opitz commented Apr 14 '21, 12:47 p.m.

Very unfortunate - it is not mentioned in the article. So I guess there is no solution to my problem, or do you have any other suggestions on how to address this?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.