It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to give an assignee its own workflow in an RTC work item?

Logan Torres (175) | asked Apr 05 '21, 3:19 p.m.
edited Apr 05 '21, 4:02 p.m.

We are creating a work item in RTC that needs the ability to add multiple assignees to it. Each assignee should have its own workflow enumeration selection. (In progress, closed). I know I can do something similar to this with the approvals attribute but when I do queries on the approvals I don't see the names of the people I added. Any other ways to do this?

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 05 '21, 5:46 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 06 '21, 1:10 p.m.
To see the names of the approvers, you will need to use a report, rather than a work item query.
You can create a sub-task for each approver, but that is usually overkill.

Comments
Logan Torres commented Apr 06 '21, 11:21 a.m.

The query only shows the Approval title and the status, but not the name of the people who are added as approvers.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 06 '21, 1:11 p.m.

I corrected my answer to state that you will need to use a report (rather than a work item query) to see the name of the approvers. 

Logan Torres commented Apr 06 '21, 3:21 p.m.

I don't see the option to add the name of the approvers. Plus, the report builder is splitting my work items up into multiple rows if I have multiple subscribers

Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 06 '21, 5:14 p.m.

In Report Builder, your report would start with work item, then add the relationship to Work Item Approval, then add the relationship to Work Item Task.   Then in the Format Results tab, add the Approver property of the Work Item Task as a column to display.   If you want multiple approvers to be displayed in the same row somehow, then you probably could use some custom expression to do this, but I don't know why you wouldn't just do the standard thing and have each approver in its own row in the result table. 

Logan Torres commented Apr 07 '21, 9:16 a.m.

Is there a way to get the comments attribute into the report builder?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.