It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC batch file hangs and does not exit

GURVINDER SOKHI (731339) | asked Mar 25 '21, 9:34 a.m.

We have a problem when running a batch file with RTC command. The batch file runs fine how it fails to exit at the end from the dos prompt.

Example syntax of batch file below:
set "lscmLoc=C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\RTC\6.0.6.1\jazz\scmtools\eclipse\lscm.bat"
call "%lscmLoc%" version
exit

The above batch file runs fine on dos prompt , however it does not exit and hangs on dos prompt after successfully giving output from the "version" command as shown below. Is this a bug? any workarounds ?

H:\>"C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\RTC\6.0.6.1\jazz\scmtools\eclipse\lscm.bat" version
Build Id: RTC-CLIENT-I20190326-1753
Version: 6.0.6.1

2 answers

permanent link
GURVINDER SOKHI (731339) | answered Mar 25 '21, 11:23 a.m.

Hi Raplh

I am using v6.0.6.1.

Irrespective if RTC install is located under "Program Files" or not the same problem persists.

When you say it works for you , which version of RTC are you using ?

I have logged a ticket with IBM support and they at able to reproduce this issue with v6.0.5 and this might be a defect, waiting official confirmation from IBM support.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 25 '21, 12:03 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I can read and figured from your post that you used 6.0.6.1, even if you did not mention it. I used my 6.0.6.1. I just changed my path in your script. Initially I thought the script syntax was incorrect. Does not seem to make a difference. Windows scripting is weird.

If you already have filed a case with support, why am I spending my time?

GURVINDER SOKHI commented Mar 25 '21, 12:25 p.m.

Thanks for your time. I wanted to reach out on jazz.net to see if other have experienced similar issue.

IBM support have suggested to use path to scm.exe and that has fixed my issue. However I am not sure if there are any repercussions of using scm.exe in a batch file ?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 25 '21, 10:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This works for me. I never install anything Jazz into "Program Files", not sure if that contributes. 

Comments
GURVINDER SOKHI commented Mar 25 '21, 11:23 a.m.

Hi Raplh

I am using v6.0.6.1.

Irrespective if RTC install is located under "Program Files" or not the same problem persists.

When you say it works for you , which version of RTC are you using ?

I have logged a ticket with IBM support and they at able to reproduce this issue with v6.0.5 and this might be a defect, waiting official confirmation from IBM support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.