It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC user does not have permission to read component

Anbe Pham (406) | asked Mar 24 '21, 6:16 a.m.
I have two components which have same owner and visibility in same workspace.
Now I add these components into another workspace on another repository (both repositories have friendship).
One component is added successfully, but one component cause an exception:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.PermissionDeniedException: User {0} does not have permission to read component {1}.
I tried both java API and manual adding on RTC client.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

2 answers

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered May 14 '21, 11:39 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Here's some information related to this that might be good for readers to be aware of:

1. By default, the Owner of a component created by a distributed delivery is set to be the user that executes the Deliver operation that creates that component, and also the Visibility of that component is set to Private.
2. The component itemID in both repos would be the same (i.e. when we create a component in the other repo due to a 'distributed scm' delivery, we set the itemID to be the same as the origin's component. Since these are UUIDs, in theory they should be 'unique' and not collide with any itemID of something in that repo already).

It sounds like one component may have already been 'created' by someone else possibly without you knowing (you can't tell because you can't see it), so the itemID of the component you are trying to deliver to actually does exist in the repo, so the delivery operation proceeds, but ends up failing because the owner/visibility of the component must be such that you can't see it. I think you need to ask a user with JazzAdmins permission to track down this component and change the owner/visibility appropriately.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 24 '21, 10:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I can tell, it is totally irrelevant if the repositories are friends. 

Make sure that the user that performs the operation has

1. Licenses
  2. Repository roles
  3. Project Area access
  4. Project Area Membership
  5. Project Area Roles
  6. Visibility
  7. Permissions  
that is required for the object in the context of the operation on each repository. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.