It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get workitem attribute values in custom editor presentation

CLM _User (2115) | asked Mar 17 '21, 12:55 p.m.
edited Mar 17 '21, 12:57 p.m.
Hi All,

I am able to create custom presentation with the reference of Contributing Attribute Presentations for Version 3.
but how to get the attribute value like summary, filed against from working copy, i am able to get the value of "workitem type" and "project area with the help of below code

var currentWIType = new String(this.workingCopy.getValue({ path: "attributes.workItemType.id"}));
Var currentPArea = new String(this.workingCopy.getValue({ path: "attributes.projectArea.id"}));

but how can I get other attributes values like summary, filed against and any custom attribute,

please suggest.

Comments
CLM _User commented Mar 18 '21, 3:41 a.m.

Is anyone have any idea, please suggest

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 18 '21, 5:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have no idea, but I would try to construct the path using the attribute ID from the process configuration. 

CLM _User commented Mar 18 '21, 11:28 a.m.
Hi Ralph, can you please provide any reference link for this, so I can refer and try it.
Thank you.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 18 '21, 11:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No, I can't provide reference links. 

All these extensibility items are essentially an adventure and you will have to find your own way beyond the examples and 'documentation' given. It is also "on your own risk". Support can not answer about how to use the APIs and if you mess something up, it is probably impossible for them to help.

Plus the documentation you refer to is pretty old stuff and you are even more on your own when you venture there. I have seen some of the old examples not working. The TWiki here is also for our internal developers.  You might not have access to some of the stuff mentioned here. Please see the disclaimer on top of the pages.

I can only hint you what I would do and that would include debugging in the browser.  On my blog rsjazz, I have always tried to show examples for the stuff I came across. In this context, an ID for an attribute is a string and you can find the available ones in several places. One is the EWM Admin UI in the web (do not use the Eclipse client as that shows a wrong ID, if I am not mistaken).

The Jazz Community has also a lot of examples that might be useful: Check the projects in http://jazz-community.org/ there are also UI extensions and Java script examples. Maybe you find hints there.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.