It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How-to obtain a module location using RPE?

Jose Julián de Julián Fernández (153) | asked Mar 15 '21, 9:31 a.m.

Hi,

Exploring a database I get the modules URL. However, I need the URI (database/directories/module). These URIs (not only the module URIs but I need the directories URIs as well) will be used to generate the xml for the "DOORS Data Configuration from XML" item in the multimode template.

Is there any way to get the modules URI?

Or, is possible to use the URL (instead of the URI) in a DOORS Data Configuration item? In this case, how can I get the URL of a directory?

Thanks a lot.

Regards
JJJ

DOORS v9.6.1.11
RPE v6.0.6

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Mar 15 '21, 12:17 p.m.

You can try using DOORS database structure schema.
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS6RHZ_6.0.6/com.ibm.rational.pe.integration.doc/topics/c_doors_database_structure.html
You can also check the sample template doors-structure.dta under %rpe_home%\templates\DOORS\db-structure.

Jose Julián de Julián Fernández selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jose Julián de Julián Fernández commented Mar 17 '21, 12:29 a.m.

Thanks, it worked perfectly for modules but not valid for folders.

Database/Folder/Module contains the @fullname.
Database/Folder does not contain it. 

I would try the following: when reading a Module, get the path in @fullname until last "/". This is the folder which contains the module.
In case of folders with no modules (just other folders) Ithink I have a problem.

Come back as soon as I have a result.

Regards
JJJ

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.