It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Archive timeline

Savitha palya (2652) | asked Nov 23 '09, 4:17 a.m.
I have created the Project Area for maintaing portfolio of Projects, one of the development ( Time line) is due closure on 24th November. I have created the dashboard which shows up all the current plans in the projects.
As of now the current plan under the timeline that is due closure is fine, but after 2th it may not be correct.

How to rectifiy this probleme. Please let me know what should be my approach?

a. How can I remove the 'Set as current' iteration so that I don't get to see the plans from this Time line?

b. Can I archive the Time line, if archived how long will the data be available for me? When will the archived timelines be permananetly deleted ?
I need this data for future references also and don't want to loose them from the RTC Tool.

3 answers

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Dec 04 '09, 12:55 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 13:38:02 +0000, savpalya wrote:

Thanks for your quick response.

I still don't have the complete answer, basically we have deployed one
of the appliction(timeline) and have no future work. With that said,
since we still have the timeline active, whenever we choose the Current
Plans, we still see the Plans from the current iterations of this
timeline which is no longer current. Is there an option to keep the
Timeline active for future referencese and deselect the current
iteration flag?

Also are there any enhancements in pipeline which disables the current
iteration option based on the duration set for the iteration?.

This sounds like:

72796: Need a way to mark a development line as 'complete'

https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/
com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/72796

--
Jared Burns
Jazz Process Team

permanent link
Savitha palya (2652) | answered Dec 01 '09, 8:35 a.m.
Thanks for your quick response.

I still don't have the complete answer, basically we have deployed one of the appliction(timeline) and have no future work. With that said, since we still have the timeline active, whenever we choose the Current Plans, we still see the Plans from the current iterations of this timeline which is no longer current. Is there an option to keep the Timeline active for future referencese and deselect the current iteration flag?

Also are there any enhancements in pipeline which disables the current iteration option based on the duration set for the iteration?.

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Nov 24 '09, 3:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

You remove the "Current Iteration" from one iteration by setting it on a different iteration that is not a child of the first iteration.

You can archive the timeline to keep the projects from showing up, as long as the query you are using to populate your dashboard does not include archived timelines. To archive a timeline, you must use the Eclipse UI. Open your project area, select the timeline and click the Delete... button. You will be prompted for whether you want to archive the timeline. Click OK to continue.

Once you have archived a timeline, you cannot unarchive it. The data associated with the timeline will not be lost or deleted. It continues to live in the repository indefinately. The archived timeline itself is never deleted either; it remains in the repository in an archived state.

Archived timelines and associated data may be filtered out of most views and queries by default. You can use tha "Show Archived" button in the project area editor to see the archived timelines.

Martha
Jazz Developer

I have created the Project Area for maintaing portfolio of Projects, one of the development ( Time line) is due closure on 24th November. I have created the dashboard which shows up all the current plans in the projects.
As of now the current plan under the timeline that is due closure is fine, but after 2th it may not be correct.

How to rectifiy this probleme. Please let me know what should be my approach?

a. How can I remove the 'Set as current' iteration so that I don't get to see the plans from this Time line?

b. Can I archive the Time line, if archived how long will the data be available for me? When will the archived timelines be permananetly deleted ?
I need this data for future references also and don't want to loose them from the RTC Tool.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.