It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why can't certain users see attachments or realted work items?

Michael Alberda (2311447) | asked Mar 08 '21, 7:24 a.m.
Good Day,

We are experiencing an issue whereby certain users cannot see the attachments or related work items on the links tab of a work item. This is limited to only a small set of users. All Project area's access control is set to everyone and these users have the same access rights as others users who are not expereincing this issue. I have also performed a user sync.

Any advice in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou,
Kind Regards,
Michael.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 08 '21, 8:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Not without knowing a version number or log files. 

Michael Alberda commented Mar 08 '21, 8:09 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

We are using v6.0.6. with ifix11. I can't yet upload log files but I have gone through them and can't find any issues relating to these a particluar users.

Thankyou,
Kind Regards,
Micahel.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 08 '21, 8:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 08 '21, 8:22 a.m.

Michael, I have no idea why you have this issue. Maybe open a case with support?

There is a change in how access is handled in 7.x and you need to do something in the upgrade. That is why I asked for the version. Should not apply to you.

I also found https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/WorkitemAttachmentMigrationUtility I am not sure if you would gain any information if you ran it to analyze, but might be worth a try.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.