It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

rtc do not recognize eclipse project

francesco viscomi (517) | asked Mar 02 '21, 9:09 a.m.
Hi all

It is difficult understand RTC :) at least for me.....

I've connect to a repository, and in the view "Team artifact" under "My repository work space" i chose one of many available and loaded it;
When I load the workspace in my sandbox, i choose "Find and load eclipse project"; So the wizard load for me all source code, and also created a .project file a META-INF folder and a build.properties file;

Beside in the "package explorer" i see the source code, but when i open a java file and want to use a feature of eclipse for example hold the ctrl button and with the mouse click on a method i should want that RTC brings me to de source code of that method (as every eclipse ditribution does), but it is impossible to do;

How I can use this functionality?
Is there a way I can use RTC as a normal IDE to make development debug and so on?

really thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 03 '21, 4:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Francesco,

this does not fit in a comment, so here as answer.

There is a sample (JKE Banking) that is shipped with ELM.  There is a lengthy description how to set it up as part of the documentation https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC/clm_family_welcome.html

It includes a fully blown Web Application in the SCM that can be loaded and built.

For a Java hello world, there is this amazing thing called internet, where you should be able to get such samples.

I also ran this query: https://www.google.com/search?q=team+concert+how+to+share+a+project&oq=team+concert+how+to+share+a+project and there is a result to our documentation and also a youtube video.

To get a minimal viable project in Eclipse do:

Create Project>Java Project give it a name e.g. Test and say finish.
In the project on the src node do New>Class Type a package name e.g. test and a class name e.g. Test and select to get a main method created. Click Finish.
In the Main method in the inner parenthesis type:
System.out.println("Hello world...");

Save your work.

francesco viscomi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 03 '21, 4:14 a.m.

francesco viscomi commented Mar 08 '21, 4:00 p.m.

really thanks for your help 

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 02 '21, 3:56 p.m.

I think the problem is not RTC/EWM, it is rather you do not understand how Eclipse works. Just a guess. 

If the wizard creates a .project file, something is wrong. There should have already been a .project file that would be used. If the .project file was created by the load - there is an option for that which you do not mention above - then the .project file and the whole project likely does not have a Java nature and the IDE does not recognize it as Java project. the editors do not work,..... Java nature/natures are used in Eclipse to configure the projects and editors.

A sensible approach would be to create a Java project in Eclipse, that works. And then share that in a workspace, deliver to a stream and start playing.

Comments
francesco viscomi commented Mar 03 '21, 3:42 a.m.

thanks Ralph,I ' ve used eclipse for many years, but I admit i need to improve knowledge on it;

Anyway is there an example on how to do what you suggest to me?? A simple project can be a main method that print  "HELLO WORLD"; But how share that on a workspace and delivery it to a stream??
I've have installed on my machine jazz server rtc and all suite; 
Indeed i work for a company that use RTC on avery complicated project, and the guys who worked on that has left the company.... so I'm in a little trouble :) 

thanks really much

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.