It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG Populated Sample Data 702

Sean F (1.3k243149) | asked Feb 16 '21, 11:01 a.m.
There used to be a couple of useful populated sample projects e.g. JKE Banking and Automated Meter Reader

Have these been removed in 702?

Are they available as archives anywhere?

If not then can anyone recommend which of the sample Lifecycle Projects are well populated with sample data?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 17 '21, 2:12 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 17 '21, 2:13 a.m.

JKE Banking is under Sample top right menu item. How to setup the sample is documented in here: https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC/clm_family_welcome.html

Sean F selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sean F commented Feb 18 '21, 11:23 a.m.
Hi Ralph, the ink you have posted does not seem to work but i found the Sample menu. Thanks for that.

Here is the actual JTS URL in case anybody else is looking

and the knowledgecenter page

Is the Automated Meter Reader still available?

Is it available as an archive?

I could reinstall 6.0.6 just to get it but it would be handy if i could avoid having to do that.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 19 '21, 2:56 a.m.

I have not used the automated meter reader sample myself. My search seems to  indicate it was an RM sample. I can't seem to find it in ELM 7.0.2.

Sean F commented Mar 04 '21, 11:56 a.m.
Thanks Ralph

AMR was a very good sample IIRC

Would be nice to see it back in the product

I will maybe try and archive it by reinstalling 606

It would be good of there were an online resource of sample data as archives so we don't rely on product features

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 05 '21, 4:45 a.m.

Sean,

I am investigating. It will take time. As far as I can tell, AMR seems to be removed and I do not know about a replacement. The documentation seems to cling to it in 2 places, but I tried in 7.0.2 and couldn't find or deploy it. 

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 08 '21, 4:50 a.m.
edited Mar 08 '21, 4:51 a.m.

The Automated Meter Reader Sample is still available in DNG. I checked 6.0.6.1 and 7.0.2.  There are other additional examples that are also shipped. These samples are DNG only. The samples can be deployed as follows:

Go to the DNG admin web page.
Create a Project Area, assign users and roles, save. 
Open the project area (explore)
You are prompted about the project template
Select apply template
Select the template "Systems Requirement Sample (A sample component containing requirements for the Automated Meter Reader. )" 

There are more samples.

Comments
Sean F commented Mar 08 '21, 12:28 p.m.

Thanks Ralph

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.