It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Connecting a 3rd party tool with IBM DOORS Next via OSLC

Gürcan Gülesir (112) | asked Feb 08 '21, 6:06 a.m.

Hi, 

I would like to connect a 3rd party tool via OSLC with DOORS Next in this Sandbox/trial environment. 

In the online documentation, the following is stated as a prerequisite for using the OSLC service of DOORS: " In order to use these services, IBM Rational DOORS Web Access, the web interface for DOORS, must be installed and configured." 

It seems that the web interfacce for DOORS is not installed and configured for in this Sandbox/trial environment. Is this correct?

If yes, then could you please help me installing and configuring the web interface for DOORS for the purpose of connecting it with a 3rd Party tool via the OSLC service?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks, regards,
Gürcan Gülesir

Accepted answer

permanent link
Amit Talwar (565) | answered Feb 08 '21, 1:12 p.m.

@Ralph, I believe Gurctan is asking about the Jazz.net sandbox environments.  If this is true, this is not possible.  The sandbox environments on jazz.net are not meant to be used for exploring integrations.  Gurcan, you could download and install onto your own environment to test this out.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 09 '21, 2:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Amit,

yes, my thoughts. I will try to figure something out to allow them to use an eval version and extend the eval license if needed. 

5 other answers

permanent link
Dariusz Parys (131) | answered Feb 09 '21, 1:27 a.m.

Thanks all for your answers, yes, we're using a Jazz.net sandbox environment as it is the apparent option when visiting the website. We'll download a trial version for our testing. Thanks again!

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 09 '21, 2:31 a.m.

We have options to extend the evaluation license period, if needed. 

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.2k217) | answered Feb 08 '21, 5:02 p.m.
As Amit mentions, the best way to do this is to download and install your own server. You get 60 days eval licenses of each product as part of the install and you have complete control over the entire system.

The sandbox is a trial environment that's not really suitable for testing out integrations

permanent link
Gürcan Gülesir (112) | answered Feb 08 '21, 9:42 a.m.

Ralph, thanks for your help and prompt responses. Can you perhaps point us to the person who has the admin permissions on the sandbox, so that we can work with that person to modify the whitelist of the DOORS Next server? If you do not know who that person is, do you know somebody else who can help us? At the end of the day, we only would like to try out the OSLC interface of DOORS Next without necessarily buying a commercial license for a server just for this purpose. Is this at all possible? Thanks in advance!

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 08 '21, 12:04 p.m.

I don't know who is running that infrastructure. I am not sure they could even provide such a service. You can install a local DNG Server. There are eval licenses that partners can us, I think.

You guys can drop me an e-mail to ralph.schoon@de.ibm.com with some more details and I will contemplate what to do with it and whom to contact.

Gürcan Gülesir commented Feb 08 '21, 12:21 p.m. | edited Feb 08 '21, 12:21 p.m.

This sounds like a plan. Thank you very much Ralph! I am going to send you an e-mail tomorrow.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 08 '21, 9:33 a.m.
edited Feb 08 '21, 9:34 a.m.

This sentence does not make sense:

does this mean that we're able to test the OSLC connection from a DOORS Next sandbox account? 
 As far as I am aware DOORS Next provides  an OSLC service. You can access the data in the Server for your sandbox account.

If you want to configure a consumer/producer relationship between a DOORS Next server and another application, you have to configure the consumers and friends and whitelist of the DOORS Next server. I am quite sure that you do not have the admin permissions on the sandbox.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 08 '21, 8:45 a.m.
edited Feb 08 '21, 8:47 a.m.

Gürcan,

DOORS is a client application that requires DOORS Web Access to make it available as Web application.
DOORS Next is a Web application that does not require to install some proxy to be accessible via HTTP. OSLC and other REST services should be available if you can access the server.

Comments
Dariusz Parys commented Feb 08 '21, 9:10 a.m. | edited Feb 08 '21, 9:34 a.m.

Ralph,

does this mean that we're able to test the OSLC connection from a DOORS Next sandbox account? I wasn't able to find the right configuration dialog in the web client itself and the documentation itself was not clear about where to configure an OSLC Friend or get the credentials for consumers.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.