It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I findout the project alias of RQM project areas?

Andrew Ciaz (59160) | asked Feb 04 '21, 12:53 a.m.

Hi all,

I am trying to fetch project alias of the RQM project areas using below URL:
https://<server:port>/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/projects/

but some of the project areas alias are not shown the XML response. So tried to fetch test plans using project name but that not work for me. So is there any alternate way to fetch test plan(s) without using project alias? I tried with project name, uuid.

Thanks

3 answers

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Feb 04 '21, 8:53 a.m.

Can you check summary attribute (feed/entry/summary/_value) in the XML data returned by https://<server:port>/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/projects ? That also should contain alias value.

Comments
Andrew Ciaz commented Feb 04 '21, 11:56 a.m.

@Subramanya Prasad Pilar thanks I am member of one project area and that project is not shown in the xml feed that is the main problem so I tried to fetch test plans using project name also but it not works

permanent link
Bharath Rao (900134) | answered Feb 04 '21, 7:17 a.m.

Hi Andrew, 

If the number of project areas exceed 50, you will get a URL to the next set of project areas in the XML response.(Please search for next or next page).

You then have to re-run the REST API with this URL for next page.

This must be continued based on the number of project areas you have.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Bharath

Comments
Andrew Ciaz commented Feb 04 '21, 8:23 a.m.

@Bharath rao thanks for the answer but i have only 5 project areas 

permanent link
Monika Rajput (25612) | answered Feb 04 '21, 6:54 a.m.

Hi Andrew,

The REST URL works with project area alias only. The project area name is not supported.

You can use this url to fetch project area information.
https://<server:port>/qm/projectAreaMetadata
It'll give you project area name, project area item id, configuration related information and project area alias.

Thanks,
Monika Rajput

Comments
Andrew Ciaz commented Feb 04 '21, 8:19 a.m.

@Monika Rajput thanks for the reply but the response returned with 404 error code   

Monika Rajput commented Feb 04 '21, 8:57 a.m.

That might be because of version difference.

Bharath explained how to get more projects on REST API. You may also have to check the permissions you have in these project. If you're not a member of the project, that project might not show in the returned xml.

Andrew Ciaz commented Feb 04 '21, 11:57 a.m.

@Monika rajput there are only 5 project area and I am member of all the 5 project areas but one project area is not shown in the feed response also there is only one feed page entry not more than one

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.