It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to set a property using OSLC where the resource URI has a forward slash - '/' in the identifier?

Antoni Koziol (11) | asked Jan 22 '21, 11:36 a.m.

I'm trying to update a workitem property to a resource that has a forward slash / in its identifier and the URI the same.  For example rdf:resource="http://path/to/it/z/OS" where the dc:identifier is "z/OS."

The rest update works fine with others in the enumeration list that don't have the forward slash.

I've tried a few variations of escape characters like backslash, url encoding (%2F), etc and I just receive "Illegal value" errors in the response.

When I inspect the interface the web client uses (IWorkItemRestService), it posts attributeValues just using an array of identifier strings, in this example ['z/OS'].

I'm not sure if it makes a difference but this property is actually a collection (oslc_cm:collref) in case that makes a difference in a work around. 

I think I either need to find out the proper way to escape it or an OLSC REST alternative that uses the identifier string.

(Oh, I also tried to set this on a workitem create and the other values work fine just not the one with the forward slash)

Thanks

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 26 '21, 2:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would consider this one of the border cases where the notation clashes.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.