It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report Builder: How can I define which column can be filtered in the widget? (RQM)

Dani Simon (70114) | asked Jan 21 '21, 5:45 a.m.
edited Jan 22 '21, 2:20 a.m.

Hi 

I created a query in Report Builder and want to define "where" by the filter on the widget itself. So I can use the report in dashboards and user can select their filters by their needs.

Is this possible and how? 

For example this query, I want that the user can set the masterplan in the widget by filter:
SELECT DISTINCT TP.NAME AS URL2_title,
       TP.REFERENCE_ID AS TestPlanId,
       TP.URL AS URL2,
       TMA.NAME 
FROM RIDW.VW_TESTPLAN TMA
INNER JOIN RIDW.VW_TESTPLAN_TESTPLAN_HIERARCHY TH 
ON (TMA.TESTPLAN_ID = TH.PARENT_TESTPLAN_ID)
INNER JOIN RIDW.VW_TESTPLAN TP
ON (TP.TESTPLAN_ID = TH.CHILD_TESTPLAN_ID)
WHERE TMA.PROJECT_ID = 1  --AND TMA.NAME = 'MasterPlan1' 
AND TP.ISSOFTDELETED = 0 AND (TP.TESTPLAN_ID <> -1 AND TP.TESTPLAN_ID IS NOT NULL)

I can select these columns for filter url2_title, testplanid and url2, but "TMA.NAME" doesn't appear. Also if I use an As for TMA.Name, it's not in the filter.

Why I can not set the testplan name by filter? 

Thanks for help,
Dani

*Edit
I've changed my select and replaced the name after Distinct with the TP.Reference_ID, afterwards I could select the TMA.Name in the widget filter. 
Is there any bug with using the same property name in Select? 

One answer

permanent link
Karthik Sirimulla (1811) | answered Jan 27 '21, 12:13 a.m.

Hi Dani,

Filtering on columns can be done under 'Set Conditions' section. 
In Add Condition dialog, you can select the artifact type and property on which the condition need to set.

Thanks,
Karthik

Comments
Dani Simon commented Mar 08 '21, 3:14 a.m.

Hi Karthik 

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately I'm using the SQL input field and then I can't use the condition options any more. 

regards,
Dani

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.