It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can you output an uploaded file in DNG via an RPE report?

Janet Charbonneau (852454) | asked Jan 12 '21, 2:28 p.m.
I am using RPE 6.0.5.  I am trying to create an RPE report with an output format of either PDF or Word which includes the actual files that were uploaded into DNG.  I have found plenty of examples of outputting RQM attachments using the "Include File" template feature and the RQMURLUtility.  However, I am trying to output the files that reside inside DNG artifacts (not RQM) that were created by uploading the file into DNG. 

Has anyone successfully outputted files from DNG into a Word doc or a PDF file?

One answer

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12648) | answered Jan 12 '21, 3:47 p.m.
Hi Janet,

If You upload files and select specific artifact type for all the uploads then for example you can list this particular artifact type in your report.

There are couple different ways how really you can implement this in DNG.

Comments
Janet Charbonneau commented Jan 12 '21, 3:56 p.m.

I have an artifact that is of type "Glossary Term" and of format "File".  When I look at the artifact in DNG, it gives me the option of downloading that file where is downloads it as a PDF file.  How can I get that same PDF file output into a Word or PDF document as RPE output?

Bartosz Chrabski commented Jan 12 '21, 4:17 p.m.
Janet,

To understand you better, do you want to embed the PDF from DNG in Word or PDF?

Janet Charbonneau commented Jan 12 '21, 4:22 p.m.

Whichever format is possible.  For historical purposes, I need to output all uploaded files into either Word or PDF instead of manually going to each artifact and downloading from there.

Bartosz Chrabski commented Jan 12 '21, 4:29 p.m.
Did You try using include file with URL to the uploaded file in DNG? because this is the way I would go.

List all the artifacts that are File format then if file is attached then add it to word document using "include file" object.

Janet Charbonneau commented Jan 12 '21, 5:27 p.m.

Yes, I am using the Include File object and outputting "dataSource/artifact/wrappedResourceURI".  I have been looking at one specific artifact as a test and see that it is a PDF file.  Upon further investigation on my latest output, it appears that the PDF and Excel files are outputting nothing.  The Word docs are outputting, but it is outputting the contents of the Word doc, not outputting it as a file.  I was hoping to get the actual file output as a file embedded into the resulting Word doc output.

Glyn Costello commented Dec 29 '23, 10:01 a.m.

Did you ever get this working? 

Janet Charbonneau commented Jan 03, 1:05 p.m.

I did not get this working with RPE.  A coworker ended up using another program to access the API to retrieve the documents.  I was not part of that process.

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.