It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test case actual results are not modified in RQM after completion of PUT request successfully

pavan kumar (135) | asked Jan 06 '21, 12:54 a.m.
edited Jan 08 '21, 12:24 a.m.

Hi, I did GET request and got the xml content , Then i modified the actual results in that xml and trying to PUT it again .After PUT i am getting code 200 OK (that means no error ) but when i actually see the results in tool results are not modified
please help anyone ?

Update 
PS:- <actualResults> is not the title
I see that i can change the <title> but Not the <stepResults >
I think it is some kind of limitation  
Any workaround ? 

Sample code 
<ns16:stepResult href="https://qm.xxxx.oncloudone.com/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/EES+V_V+Certification/executionelementresult/_KOMdMVFtEeutaIe53Y8_aw" stepIndex="1" ns1:id="_KOMdMVFtEeutaIe53Y8_aw" endTime="2021-01-08T04:51:40.079Z" startTime="2021-01-08T04:51:40.079Z" result="com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.passed">
<ns16:startTime>2021-01-08T04:51:40.079Z</ns16:startTime>
<ns16:endTime>2021-01-08T04:51:40.079Z</ns16:endTime>
<ns16:result>com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.passed</ns16:result>
<ns16:expectedResult>
<div dir="ltr">policy create&#160;</div>
</div>
</ns16:expectedResult>
<ns16:actualResult>
<div xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">policy was created&#160;</div>
</ns16:actualResult>
<ns16:description>
<div xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">1.create the policy</div>
</ns16:description>
<ns16:stepType>com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.elementtype.execution</ns16:stepType>
<ns16:comment/>
<ns16:compare/>
</ns16:stepResult>

Comments
Don Yang commented Jan 06 '21, 11:13 p.m.
it would be helpful is you provide
1) RQM version
2) what tool/client you used to GET/PUT
3) what headers you used
4) sample xml and what you have changed

pavan kumar commented Jan 07 '21, 5:51 a.m.

Hi followings are the details 
1) RQM 6.0.6 
2)REST CLIENT Mozzila firebox browser
3) two headers 
     i) Accept : text/xml

ii)Content-Type:application/xml
4) the same xml response which i got after GET request with change of text in actual result 

2 answers

permanent link
Daniel Crone (41) | answered Jan 07 '21, 5:31 a.m.

Hi Pavan, this is not an answer but it appears I cannot make a comment. In addition to Don's comment, please note that some of the fields are readonly as per the schema, so it depends what fields you were actually updating?

Comments
pavan kumar commented Jan 07 '21, 5:43 a.m.

hi thanks Daniel

i am updating test case execution result 
Note:- i see in tool the date and time of step result updation is being changed but not the text (actual result) 

Daniel Crone commented Jan 07 '21, 6:11 a.m.

Not sure what field that is "actual result" is that a custom attribute or do you mean "title"? 

pavan kumar commented Jan 07 '21, 6:55 a.m.

Hi , please have a look at the image attached which describes the webpage

pavan kumar commented Jan 07 '21, 6:56 a.m. | edited Jan 07 '21, 6:57 a.m.

Sorry unable to attach image !!

pavan kumar commented Jan 07 '21, 9:22 a.m.

actual results is title
in which we have to fill the results.

Daniel Crone commented Jan 07 '21, 9:45 a.m.
Interestingly Pavan, just done a GET and a PUT (using Postman) modifying the "title" field : <ns4:title>Original title (modification)</ns4:title> and it all works
The only thing I can think of is that there might be a constraint on the title to be unique, but I would not expect a 200 Ok if there was a conflict. 
I get the following in response to the PUT:
What do you get?

pavan kumar commented Jan 07 '21, 12:11 p.m.

Hi , I am getting the same response as u r getting
Note: -<ns2:stepResultsUpdateStatus>NOMODIFICATION
I see this in GET response, is that a problem ? or just showing that not modified ?

Daniel Crone commented Jan 07 '21, 12:46 p.m.

Hi Pavan, I also get that same value in stepResultUpdateStatus so I don't think that is your problem. Sadly I am at a bit of a loss now.

pavan kumar commented Jan 08 '21, 12:19 a.m.

PS:- I see that i can change the <title> but Not the stepResults 
I think it is some kind of limitation 
Any workaround ? 

showing 5 of 9 show 4 more comments

permanent link
Daniel Crone (41) | answered Jan 08 '21, 4:11 a.m.

Hi Pavan,

I can now see what you are trying to do and it appears as per https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#Resources_and_their_Supported_Op  this is not possible, it shows that you can only do a GET operation on an executionelementresult which is what you are trying to do a Nested PUT on. So the parent PUT works as you have not changed anything (presumably) and the Nested PUT is not attempted as it is not allowed.

Danny

Comments
pavan kumar commented Jan 08 '21, 5:28 a.m.

HI, i am doing GET and PUT on <executionresult>, not the <executionelementresult >.
And PUT is accepted in this 

Daniel Crone commented Jan 08 '21, 7:09 a.m.

Hi Pavan, I agree with you but it is that the executionelementresult is a nested element, not the primary, so it is the executionelementresult that you are trying to do a Nested PUT on. Please see this section : RqmApi < Main < TWiki (jazz.net), you will note that the following is allowed:

executionresult -> executionworkitem
but not 
executionresult -> executionelementresult
So you are trying to do a nested PUT, even though it does not "feel" like it, so you are not going to be update that item. Unfortunately unless anyone from the Jazz team knows otherwise.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.