It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the quickest way(setup) to get started with the lscm (only command line)?

Qua K (132) | asked Dec 31 '20, 9:02 a.m.
edited Dec 31 '20, 9:12 a.m.

I am mainly interested in learning the lscm utility. I have setup the JTS on my local machine and it is up and running.

However, I am not sure what project area/workspace/repository setup is required for it to work. All I want to do is just write some code  and push it to the server (via lscm). I tried following https://jazz.net/library/article/620 , but I get an error 
"Problem running 'create workspace':
Unmatched workspace "Stream1"

for the command
lscm create workspace -r local -s Stream1 Workspace1   

I tried going through the documentation, but it is pretty huge and complex to understand (as I am currently not interested in knowing project structures, teams, streams, workspaces, etc in depth).

What are the setup steps required to successfully use the CCM (command line - lscm)? 
Basically, I just want to use the source control. (like git)
Also, is the above tutorial link valid ? I am using v6 JTS on linux(ubuntu)

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 31 '20, 11:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Qua K (132) | answered Jan 01 '21, 4:56 a.m.

Hands-on examples are missing, so it's getting diffifuclt to just read and understand the theory for a complete beginner like me. (Workspace, Project Area, Repository, Streams, Components, Teams, Targetflows etc -- this is pretty overwhelming  - just to read the theory) 

I created  a workspace with the following command ( after logging into <url>/ccm )

lscm  create workspace -r local Sample

and the command was successful. I could validate it with the following command:

> lscm  list workspaces -r local
> (1003) "Sample" (1002) "abcxyz"

Now, I believe I need to create a  "Stream", which is where I am stuck.... 

> lscm  create stream -r local -s Sample  
complains of missing arguments name, owner. I am not sure what are those.

I  want to know just the enough configuration (streams, etc) that i need to do/create, to push the code and use it as a source control tool like git.

Please help.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 01 '21, 7:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You need to understand Jazz SCM, otherwise it is likely impossible. Look into the UI and understand the concepts there.

Read the reference or the LSCM help to get the syntax - version matters - the name is likely the stream name and the owner is usually a project area.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.