It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is this CopyJob.reaper and why has it been running 14+ days ?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Dec 30 '20, 1:19 p.m.

Just noticed my hosting LPAR is at 70% or more CPU since we upgraded from 6.0.2 to 6.0.6.1 of the Jazz applications hosted there.   One of the WebSphere processes is at ~40-50% cpu.  This WebSphere hosts JTS, RTC, RQM, RM, RS so I go through the Active Services pages in turn and find:

There are a couple of Advanced Properties relating to this CopyJob reaper:  Grace Period 300s, Fixed Delay 600s.
The WebSphere log shows no hung threads, and qm log is only griping about AQXCM5001E The OSLC request to connect to a remote server failed

Suggestions ?

Platform AIX 7.1

One answer

permanent link
Bharath Rao (900134) | answered Jan 05 '21, 3:01 a.m.

Hello Kevin,

The following work items have an answer to your question - What is CopyJob Reaper ?

"CopyJobReaper was created via remove copy jobs from distributed map after they have become inactive (100960). This task delete the inactive copy job"

For "why it has been running for long time", I would let the members / experts in the area to answer. You may have already raised a case with IBM Support. If not, you could raise one for further investigations.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Bharath

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.