It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting all permissions and artifacts from my old user id.

Bob Ferguson (891139) | asked Dec 28 '20, 9:07 a.m.

We are using RTC 6.0.6.1.  

I have project admin permissions.
I had to get a new windows id.  I notified our admins of this.
They did whatever they had to do to add me to their Active Directory and assign me my RTC licenses.
I thought that if they gave me project admin permissions I would be able to see all the projects that I could before.  I cannot.
I cannot see any of my old reports or queries.

Is there anything my admins could do in Active Directory or in Jazz that will allow my new id see and have access to that my old id had?

This also is the case for any DNG and RQM projects that I used to admin.

2 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Dec 30 '20, 9:48 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I suggest looking at the Foundation APIs documented here:

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 30 '20, 10:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 30 '20, 10:52 a.m.
JazzProjectAreaAdmin is a repository role that is controlled by LDAP. Your admins should know what to do in orde to provide you with the repository role, if your old ID had that repository role.

If your old User ID was member of the Administrators in project areas, you would have to add yourself there manually, which you should be able to, provided you have the JazzProjectAreaAdmin repository role.

All permissions in all project areas are based on the roles your user has in the project area. You do not inherit any roles from another user (ID). You will have to add yourself to the project areas and team areas manually and then assign the roles you need. You should be able to do so, if you have the JazzProjectAreaAdmin repository role. It has an administrative override that should allow to change roles.

Your new ID obviously is not the creator of your old reports. You would have to use the old user to share the reports. If you had wanted to change the ID and keep the old user, this can be done as described in https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/151875 or for more users in https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/10/12/changing-the-jazz-user-id-using-the-rtc-plain-java-client-libraries/. This is however a totally different use case.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.