It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Auto-Select 200 artifacts in a module for processing attributes - Vote on RFE, please!

Kimberly Boshers (1037) | asked Dec 14 '20, 10:51 a.m.
edited Dec 14 '20, 2:45 p.m.

I've researched several other IBM work items in Jazz having to do with this issue, and it doesn't look like IBM developers will allow more then 200 artifacts for processing at a time despite several requests.  I have submitted an RFE to have a function that automatically selects the first 200 artifacts within a module view.  It could be similar to the select all box when in the folder area of DNG, except it selects all within the view in a module, and if there are more than 200 in the view within the module, it will only selects the first 200.  It is too time consuming to try to guess if one has selected 200 artifacts, and if you did not, you will need to try to do it over again and again, costing even more time.  

Since Report Builder reports on specific Artifact Types within a module, if you need to add conditions to report on a specific attribute to that artifact type for that module, all artifact types within the module will need to have an attribute value for the report to be accurate.  This is a type of scenario where you may need to include the same attribute for more than 200 artifacts within a module to prepare the module for reporting.

Please vote on this RFE to add this function to DNG:  

Somewhat of a workaround I have found is to remove the "Content" attribute from the module view before trying to select 200 artifacts.  You get a better idea of how many you are selecting if each artifact is a one liner of text -- if that makes sense.  Please reply here or within the RFE if there is a better solution.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Adrian Haw (2641041) | answered Jan 27 '21, 10:42 a.m.
Kim

In the module, in one of the views there, you have a pencil pull-down, to the right of the view name, where you can select to "Edit Attributes from View"

Kimberly Boshers selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kimberly Boshers commented Jan 27 '21, 11:04 a.m.

Wow!  I've seen this option under views, but I assumed it was for removing attributes from a view not processing changes to them all at once.  not very intuitive. I tested it out, and I was able to process changes to 700+ artifacts in the view.  Thank you so much for taking the time to point this out!!!  This saves me a ton of frustration!

2 other answers

permanent link
Adrian Haw (2641041) | answered Jan 27 '21, 4:38 a.m.
edited Jan 27 '21, 6:44 a.m.
Which version are you on?
You can select all artifacts in a module view (since at least 6.0.6).

Comments
Kimberly Boshers commented Jan 27 '21, 9:43 a.m. | edited Jan 27 '21, 9:44 a.m.

We are on version 6.0.6.1 with iFix011.  There is an option to select all artifacts when in a folder view of just artifacts outside a module, but when a module, I'm not seeing a select all option.  I have to do a shift+select to get all of them from the view.  Maybe it changed when the version was upgraded?  If there's a special area to use select all within a module, please let me know.

Thank you for your help 

Adrian Haw commented Jan 27 '21, 10:40 a.m. | edited Jan 27 '21, 10:46 a.m.
Kim

In the module, in any one of the views there, you have a pencil pull-down, to the right of the view name, where you can select to "Edit Attributes from View. This will operate on all artifacts in the view (including any active filter).

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12648) | answered Dec 14 '20, 11:03 a.m.

Kim,

Good initiative. Voted +

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.