It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 6.0.4 reinstallation on new server

Surmeet Jandu (132) | asked Dec 14 '20, 3:45 a.m.

Hi,

My organization is moving from RHEL 6 to RHEL 7 and the CLM version we using is 6.0.4. What steps are required to re-install onto the new server? I need to keep the existing configuration the same as in the old one. Also, the database backup is to be migrated too.
Kindly help me or guide me with the required steps.

Comments
Ian Barnard commented Dec 15 '20, 1:46 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Didn't see mention of this below but the new server must have the same hostname/external URI as your old server - easily done if it's behind IHS reverse proxy.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Dec 14 '20, 7:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You want to go into the product documentation and make yourself familiar with the backup and restore process and follow that. Bartosz's summary is a good initial guideline.

I would want to point out the obvious: Have a working backup procedure and have a working (test) restore capability before doing this. This should include the databases.

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12648) | answered Dec 14 '20, 4:20 a.m.

Sumeet,

Of course there is no straight answer to your question, because it depends on the architecture based on which the system is deployed.

Comments
Surmeet Jandu commented Dec 14 '20, 4:29 a.m.

Thank you Bartosz, but to start with what should I do? I have seen the documents and article but they are more focused on migrating from one version to the other. 

Bartosz Chrabski commented Dec 14 '20, 4:54 a.m.

Sumeet,

Because there is no documentation for such a scenario and you will have to build it based on the existing documentation.

I would do it following way:

1) On the new servers I would install all the Software in the same version (same fix packs)
2) Backup configuration files (/conf/appName) - as it is same OS you can move whole directories.
3) Backup configuration files for HTTP server if it is in use
4) Check if SSL certificates are still up to date for HTTP server
5) Check if extenstions and reports were moved too. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.