It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Do you see a backlink from linked work item in GC?

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103) | asked Dec 05 '20, 7:49 a.m.
According to https://jazz.net/pub/new-noteworthy/foundation/7.0.2/M4/index.html#1, you can see the preview of work item link for Links section of the component.
Is the backlink to the component in work item also created when you add the work item link to the component?

Comments
David Honey commented Dec 07 '20, 5:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

To clarify, that N&N describes links from global configurations (not components) to EWM releases (not work items). You can only view such links in GCM, or report on them in Report Builder. Prior to 7.0.2, the relationship between an EWM release and a global configuration was stored on the EWM release and ran from the release to the global configuration. In 7.0.2, that relationship is now reversed, running from a global configuration to the release, and is only stored on the global configuration. This is part of a wider capability relating to EWM linking and navigation in a GC context.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 06 '20, 2:07 p.m.

My understanding is that as of 7.0.2, GC links are all one-way links, so no back-links are visible on the referenced artifacts.

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Robert Genzinger (11) | answered Dec 08 '20, 5:19 a.m.

Thanks to all, about your feedback,

i still think a direct link from a task work item in EWM to a GC baseline will be helpful and from some complaints regulation necessary,
from the perspective: my work (creating a GC baseline) is logged via the task and my work product is linked to the task
or a review is logged via a work item and should reverence to a GC baseline.
but with the remarks from David, i will have to check all the changes in 7.0.2.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Dec 08 '20, 10:02 a.m.

This has been requested in https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/349720

You can add your vote to this enhancement, to indicate your support. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.