It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we export the process and project template from 6.0.6.1 version of DNG and import it in 7.0.1 DNG and use?

Chandrasekar Muthukrishnan (32328) | asked Dec 04 '20, 3:10 a.m.

We are in process of updating the CLM  6.0.6.1 to ELM 7.0.1.
In meantime we had some changes in Process and Project template, which we did in 6.0.6.1 test environment.
Now when we try to export the template from test environment (6.0.6.1) and import it in actual environment (7.0.1) we had some issues like the Apply Project template is not enabled for any user roles.

Similar issue is noticed when we tried to do the activity vice versa

So please clarify can we make the changes in 6.0.6.1 CLM DNG, export the template and import it in 7.0.1 ELM environment.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Dec 07 '20, 2:49 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You should not expect it to work if you import a template exported from a different release. If it works, it's probably an accident. I don't believe it's a tested/supported scenario.

Save yourself a lot of future headaches: set up a test server, import the template, upgrade the server, export the template. Then you should be good to go with the newly exported template.

Chandrasekar Muthukrishnan selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 04 '20, 6:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

For all I know you can not and never could import process templates across server versions. I would assume the same for the project templates. Usually you upgrade the server and that upgrades the existing data as needed. 

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12649) | answered Dec 04 '20, 9:07 a.m.
Chandrasekar,

It is working to move DNG process from 6.0.6.1 to 7.0.1 but it is not supported to go from 7.0.X to 6.0.6.1.

I already had a ticket opened for this and it was confirmed by IBM.

permanent link
Chandrasekar Muthukrishnan (32328) | answered Dec 09 '20, 1:32 a.m.

Thanks Ralph and Daniel, yes we tried export and import in different release and it didn't work as expected. some of properties were not established. so we decided to avoid any template changes during the upgrade activity.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.