It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error details: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure while debugging Rhapsody helper code in RTC Eclipse

CLM _User (2113) | asked Dec 03 '20, 2:40 a.m.

Hello All,

I am trying to debug Rhapsody helper code in RTC Eclipse but I am getting below error,
Error details: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure
I have added -Dcom.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.protocol=TLSv1.2 line in eclipse.ini file and added ClientProtocol=-Dcom.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.protocol=TLSv1.2
ClientStrictProtocol=-Dcom.ibm.jsse2.sp800-131=strict lines in rhapsody.ini file, but still I am facing the same issue, please suggest if I missed anything to resolve the issue.

RTC Eclipse- 6.0.6.1
Rhapsody Client- 8.4

Comments
CLM _User commented Dec 04 '20, 5:37 a.m.

Hello All, Is any solution for this, please suggest

2 answers

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jan 04 '23, 3:14 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you try removing the 'strict' line from the rhapsody.ini file. I've seen a case where that was the solution. The server can be set to not use TLS1.2, or it can use it but then it can or cannot be using strict mode as well.

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jan 04 '23, 3:14 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you try removing the 'strict' line from the rhapsody.ini file. I've seen a case where that was the solution. The server can be set to not use TLS1.2, or it can use it but then it can or cannot be using strict mode as well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.