It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to know which widgets in dashboard are using Adobe Flash?

aastha khatri (22619) | asked Dec 02 '20, 5:05 a.m.
Hi,
I heard Adobe Flash is going End of Life by December 2020? Currently we are using RTC-5.0.2 in our team and we are working on upgrading to RTC-6.0.6.1. In the meantime I wanted to know which all Dashboard widgets use Flash and what would be the impact of Adobe Flash end of life on those widgets.

Thanks,
Aastha

2 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Dec 03 '20, 7:06 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think there are a few other ones in V5 that use Flash; I seem to remember we fixed a few others over the years, however I don't remember the details (we released V5.0.2 in 2014!)

Comments
aastha khatri commented Dec 03 '20, 11:57 p.m.

In RTC -5.0.2 is there a way I can find out using developer tools in browser while the widgets are loading to see if they use Flash?

Daniel Moul commented Dec 04 '20, 8:59 a.m.

Simplest would be to use a browser that doesn't have Flash installed, and go to your various dashboards to see if any widgets don't display properly

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Dec 02 '20, 7:38 a.m.

In RTC 6.0.6.1 only the work item statistics widget uses Flash, and the next iFix (14, I believe) will remove this dependency completely. It's due to be published before the middle of December. Without this iFix the summary graphs in the widget won't work. You can set the widget to display table data, which doesn't use Flash.

None of other 6.0.6.1 Jazz applications or dashboard widgets are using Flash.

Comments
aastha khatri commented Dec 02 '20, 11:52 p.m.
Hi Daniel,
Thanks for your quick reply.What about RTC-5.0.2 version? Does only one widget work item statistics doesnt work in RTC-5.0.2 also? Or are there any other widgets also which use Flash?
Thanks,
Aastha

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.