It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Iteration Search Entry Point

Glyn Costello (13636) | asked Nov 27 '20, 12:08 p.m.

Dear all, 

I know this is a community developed extension, but it will save me lots of time each week if I can get this working. 

I have many project areas and would like to use the CIAS tool from Jazz Community to automatically switch the current iteration in all my projects. 

We have a consistent naming convention, but I'm struggling to get it to work and I think the problem is the Iteration Search Entry Point parameter. 

The default value is:
program-timeline;roadmap;art

however, we are not using a SAFE template. I don't know what to enter here for a non-SAFE project with non-SAFE iteration naming scheme. We have multiple levels of iterations ending in a sprint which contains the text "WK". 

Any help?

I tried contacting the devs but no response. 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 27 '20, 2:09 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 27 '20, 2:10 p.m.
The developer, a brilliant student, has moved on.

I am pretty sure, Glyn, that I had answered as good as I can already.

The search entry point parameter 'program-timeline;roadmap;art ' represents the following information:
  • program-timeline is the timeline name
  • roadmap is the top level iteration name
  • art is the subiteration that has start and end date are defined and likely requires also the checkmark 'A release is planned'
The documentation in https://github.com/jazz-community/rtc-current-iteration-automatic-switcher clearly explains this and the code as well. The code looks for ignore case.

Only one iteration name pattern is supported at the moment. You did not provide your iteration names.

If you do not have the skills to enhance this or make it work, consider services for this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.