It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Query on DNG Component maintenance approach

vinitha dsouza (14719119) | asked Nov 13 '20, 7:55 a.m.
Dear team,

Some background: Currently trying out DNG Component maintanence tryouts like how to bring changes from template component to dependant components.

i have referred blogs in relation to this as well.

In the Dependent components i have one Component and have 2 Streams ( lead stream, variant stream)

in Lead stream: i have renamed the enumeration value from minor to Minor_
in variant stream:
 - i have one changeset for new artifact (not delivered yet)
- accepted the changeset from lead stream for enumeration.

What i noticed:
-> changes are not reflected due to one changeset pending in confguration for new artifact
-> after deliver of this changeset, i could see the enumeration values.

My queries:
-> Will any changes to attributes or attribute types or artifact types create conflict while accepting in the variant streams?

Thanks

Comments
vinitha dsouza commented Nov 20 '20, 5:10 a.m.
Hello team,
can you please update?
thanks

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 21 '20, 12:17 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 21 '20, 12:18 p.m.
You might want to consider reading this articlee series: https://jazz.net/library/article/92352

Answering your question: I think it would be best to maintain the typesystem(s) in one place and reuse it everywhere else, if possible. I would discourage changing the type system in the variant stream. I would develop the type systems in a different location and import/deliver to where it is needed instead.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.