It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC: Add user + floating license via batch job

Rainer Poertner (113) | asked Nov 09 '20, 10:17 a.m.

Hello,

it is possible to add a new user to RTC (JTS) via a z/OS Batch Job including the Floating License?

Are there any SQL Statements to do this? So it could be automized. 

Thanks for any comments

Best regards,

Rainer

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 09 '20, 4:43 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Usually companies use LDP to manage the users - see the ELM documentation.

It is possible to use the repotools shipped with ELM to create/update users, including licenses. I will try to attach an example tomorrow.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 10 '20, 3:49 a.m.
Option 1 you can try: use repotools -createUser

call %SERVERFOLDER%\repotools-jts -createUser userId=bob licenseId=com.ibm.team.rrc.author repositoryURL=%REPOSITORY% adminUserId=%USERID% adminPassword=%PASSWORD%
call %SERVERFOLDER%\repotools-jts -createUser userId=marco licenseId=com.ibm.rqm.tester repositoryURL=%REPOSITORY% adminUserId=%USERID% adminPassword=%PASSWORD%
call %SERVERFOLDER%\repotools-jts -createUser userId=marco licenseId=com.ibm.team.rtc.developer repositoryURL=%REPOSITORY% adminUserId=%USERID% adminPassword=%PASSWORD%

I have not looked at what happens if you use LDAP. It can update existing users. It can only update the information it manages e.g. the licenses.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 10 '20, 3:50 a.m.
Option 2: Import Users from CSV

call %SERVERFOLDER%\repotools-jts -importUsers fromFile="./SampleUsers.csv" repositoryURL=%REPOSITORY% adminUserId=%USERID% adminPassword=%PASSWORD%

If I remember correctly these CSV entries also contain the license. Run an export first to be sure.

permanent link
Rainer Poertner (113) | answered Nov 17 '20, 9:02 a.m.

First thanks a lot for your answers!  So I do some tests...

We are running on z/OS and used the following repotools command via the jcl (batch job BLZRPOTL) in the SBLZSAMP:

//MAINARGS DD * 
-clean
-configuration
§workPath§/§context§/repotools/configuration
-application com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.repotools_application
-createUser  userId=%userid%    name=%name%   emailAddress=%mailadress%   licenseId=com.ibm.rtc.developer-iep.floating
repositoryURL=§repositoryURL§  adminUserId=xyz  adminPassword=%password%
logFile=§workPath§/§logs§/repotools-jts_createUsers.log

In generelly it is running now successfully, but we get the following messages and return code which are not clear for us?
JVMJZBL2999T JvmExitHook entered with exitCode=21, javaMainReturnedOrThrewException=0
JVMJZBL1043N The Java virtual machine completed with System.exit(21)
CRJAZ1705W The system property "com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.scriptName" is not set. Using the default value "repotools".

I found the exit status code (21) on knowledge center: 
-> Value 21 means "The requested operation could not complete because it would create an n-way conflict in the change set history." 

I don't know if it is the right value explanation and what does it mean exactly?

Thanks and best regards 

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 17 '20, 10:07 a.m.
I am not a Z person. The error CRJAZ1705W The system property "com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.scriptName" is not set. Using the default value "repotools".is likely a wrong configuration of your batch.

The error https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.6.1/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/r_scm_cli_retcodes.html is not for the repotools (obviously) it is for the RTC SCM Command Line Tools.

permanent link
Alexander Pawlik (6128) | answered Nov 18 '20, 9:39 a.m.

We should talk about this topic - will give you a call on Thursday!

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 18 '20, 10:16 a.m.

Would be nice if you share the result here. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.