It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there an "scm get file" equivalent for symbolic links?

Geoff Alexander (19623948) | asked Oct 28 '20, 5:30 p.m.
edited Oct 28 '20, 5:36 p.m.

I'm processing changes in a change set in a python script.  I have each change's UUID and state ID.  For a file add change, I run the scm get file command to get the file from RTC.  I need to handle symbolic link add  changes in my script.  How can I do that?  I tried running scm get file on the symbolic link change's UUID and state id as I do for a file add change:

lscm get file -r ** _Y13CoJp9EeqXF4arUMsnAw _2TH005sgEeq-JOzIQciwww "*"

The scm get file command fails with exit code 30 and the following message:

Invalid item _Y13CoJp9EeqXF4arUMsnAw. Specify a valid FileItem.

So the scm get file command doesn't look to work for symbolic links.  Is there an scm command to a get symbolic link based on the symbolic link's UUID and state ID?

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Oct 30 '20, 1:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 30 '20, 1:45 a.m.

I think there might be a problem with the "get file" command. Can you try using "get change" command? since anyway you are processing the change from the change set.

Comments
Geoff Alexander commented Nov 02 '20, 11:17 a.m. | edited Nov 02 '20, 11:22 a.m.

The scm get change completes successfully and downloads the specified symbolic link.  However, instead of creating a symbolic link, it creates a text file containing the symbolic link's target.  I would have expected (and need) scm get change to instead create a symbolic link.  I'm running

c:\>scm --version
Build Id: RTC-CLIENT-I20190326-1753
Version: 6.0.6.1

on Windows 10 with symbolic link creation enabled. 

Shashikant Padur commented Nov 06 '20, 12:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.