It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How long do you keep a change set open?

David Clark (2341150) | asked Oct 28 '20, 8:39 a.m.

What is your best practice for change set usage? Do you have a time limit on change set activity, at which time the change set needs to be delivered? Do you have change sets open for months at a time? I have a few of my own views but I am curious what others are doing. 

My thought is they should be focused and surgical. Specific to a limited set of changes as opposed to the change set for October - put all changes for the month in that change set and we will review and deliver at the close of the month (this is an exaggerated hypothetical but often that is what it feels like :-) )

Just striving to be better....

One answer

permanent link
Kathryn Fryer (461) | answered Dec 14 '20, 2:26 p.m.

It depends somewhat on how you're using change sets - the granularity, the number of contributors, the number open in parallel, the overall context (e.g. who is consuming changes, cross-stream deliveries)...  Some general best practices are captured here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMCfgMRecommendedPractices#DeliverEarlyAndOften

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.