It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Synchronising and Automating Iterations and "Current" Iterations

Glyn Costello (13637) | asked Oct 19 '20, 6:37 a.m.

Hi, 

If all our Project Areas have the same iteration structure, is there a way to keep the current iteration in sync between Project Areas and to automatically switch the "Current" iteration based on the iteration's start and finish date? 

Cheers

Comments

Glyn Costello commented Oct 27 '20, 6:31 a.m.

I think this is what I'm after, thanks! Please confirm, for the configuration, I'm not sure the purpose of the "Iteration Search Entry Point" parameter... I'm assuming from the README that it is searching somehow for iteration names and using that to check the start/end of each iteration. If the start/end of that iteration falls within the current date, then it switches the iteration?

We do not use Agile terminology for iterations, we use year, quarter and week. So if I set the "iteration Search Entry Point" to WK will this be correct? Can I use wild card? e.g. WK ?

Glyn Costello commented Oct 30 '20, 7:35 a.m.

Can you please confirm the "Iteration Search Entry Point" parameter?

Glyn Costello commented Nov 02 '20, 7:05 a.m.

I'm not a software developer, but looking at the code, it seems to be driven by the "getDevelopmentLines" method which are the timeline, which answers my questions above, however but I can't find anywhere that says whether this returns the timeline's name or the timeline's identifier. I have change the timeline's name on several projects several times, but I'm not able to change the timeline's identifier in the Web UI. Please can you clarify?

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 02 '20, 8:04 a.m. | edited Nov 02 '20, 8:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Glyn,

Stefan is not the developer of that tool, he was just aware it exists. I am not sure if he knows how to configure it.

The tool has to find the Development Line and then the nested iterations. I would suggest to use the following syntax:

DevelopmentLineName;RootIterationName;NestedIterationName;...

I would assume that the iteration names are probably a prefix of the real iteration names. If not, I would check if this uses the iteration type to find the interations.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 19 '20, 8:44 a.m.

You would have to create some kind of API based automation. I don't have an example.

Comments
Glyn Costello commented Oct 19 '20, 8:53 a.m. | edited Oct 19 '20, 8:56 a.m.

Can the "current iteration" only be set in the manually Project Area Admin Interface?

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 19 '20, 8:56 a.m.
RTC Plain Java Client Libraries:

System.out.println( "Process definition ID: " + procDef.getProcessId());
IDevelopmentLine devLine= processClientService.getDevelopmentLine(projectArea, monitor);
devLine.setCurrentIteration(current);

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 19 '20, 8:57 a.m.

There is no command line tool for it, that I would be aware of. So you would have to create one. Should not be that complicated.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.