It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Weight Distribution

Christopher McDaniel (156) | asked Oct 05 '20, 3:29 p.m.
Is there a document or spec written to show how the 'Weight Distribution' is determined for the Test Case Results?
I am not seeing a consistency on how it is determined.

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Oct 06 '20, 1:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Weight of the test case result is divided by number of steps to get the points for every steps. Then based on the verdicts on each steps, points are then assigned against verdicts.

Comments
Christopher McDaniel commented Oct 06 '20, 7:13 a.m.
Saubhajit,

Thank you for the answer.

I am getting results that are not consistent with your answer.  For instance, I have a Test Case with one Test Script.  That script has 12 steps, 10 of which have Test Points assigned to them.  The weight of the Test Case was set at 7 because there are 7 distinct Test Points (some are duplicated in the script).

When I run the Test Case, and I fail just one step that has a Test Point, the weight distribution is such that all 7 points are assigned to 'Fail'.  I would of thought that at least some of the points would be distributed to 'Pass'.

Perhaps there is a setting I am missing?

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.