It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Publish Document from RQM and select Global Config

Glyn Costello (13636) | asked Oct 02 '20, 12:03 p.m.

I have deployed an OOB .dta for publishing an RQM test case however, I can get it to work in the RPE launcher, but not from the "Reports" section of RQM Web UI. I think the problem is that there is an additional interface which allow for setting which test case to print, but does not allow to define the configuration. 

How can I:
a) Make sure that the datasource is configured correctly for the gobal config (by the way, adding config.context to the end of the datasource URI for the test case doesn't work). 

b) Add other custom fields to the report generator in RQM?

Comments
Glyn Costello commented Oct 02 '20, 12:46 p.m.

Can this be done using the "configuration layer" in RPE?

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Dec 08 '20, 1:23 a.m.
edited Dec 08 '20, 1:24 a.m.

There is no option to present the GC picker (from where you can select the GC) during report generation through RQM. If you see "Edit Configuration Metadata..." window in RPE Studio, there is no option to set GC. You will only find Identifier, Display and Request URL fields. A GET request is done on Request URL and from the data returned, XPath corresponding to "Display" is what you see in the drop down and "Identifier" is used to configure the data source.
You can rather use an external variable in RPE template, where user can provide the configuration URL. This variable value can be appended as oslc_config.context parameter to Request URL; for this you need to use a Data Source Configuration element in the template.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.