It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Export XML permission target ?

Christophe BONIN (132) | asked Oct 02 '20, 9:27 a.m.
Hello,

I am a newby in Jazz community
and I need to take a look more in details about permissions for RQM.
More specifically, first, can you tell me what does the "XML Export" permission allow you to do in Rational Quality Manager ?

Is there anything to do with exporting artifacts in Pdf format ?
as follows like the following icon : ?

Thank you, in advance, for your Help.

Best Regards.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Brett Bohnn (94111153) | answered Oct 05 '20, 8:34 a.m.

Hi Christophe,

I am not sure how else to describe it. It is used for exporting data with the RQM REST API as stated in the knowledge center link I provided "Export XML data by using the REST API, which is an HTTP-based API that supports programmatic operations on quality management data. For more information, see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi"

An examples of this is the RQM/ETM Excel Import Utility which is commonly used to import data to RQM using MS Excel. That utility requires  the XML export/import permission because the utility uses the REST API. If you are not using it or doing any work with the RQM REST API then XML Export/Import permissions are not required. 

Thanks,
Brett

Christophe BONIN selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Christophe BONIN (132) | answered Oct 07 '20, 10:40 a.m.
Hello Bret,

Thank you again for your feedback.
It seems as you said that I do not have any use of the "Xml Export" since I do not deal with any of REST API for RQM.

Christophe.

permanent link
Christophe BONIN (132) | answered Oct 05 '20, 4:46 a.m.
Hello Bret,

Thank you for your quick answer.
But furthermore, I was wondering what is "XML Export" permission supposed to deal with ?
The point is that I need to identify exactly the meaning of this permission and the Topic you mention above in this discussion doesn't put the light to me on the "XML Export" permission.

Could you help me a little more to make me figure out what does this permission stand for ?

Thanks a lot.
Christophe.

permanent link
Brett Bohnn (94111153) | answered Oct 02 '20, 10:08 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.