It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RM API - Create Validate By Link using RM.Data.createLink?

Dave Evans (14812646) | asked Oct 01 '20, 12:00 p.m.

Trying to script setting a "Validated By" link from a DOORS artifact to an RQM Test Step. I've got the artifactRef and the test step's dcterms:identifier, which is a URL. I tried using:

RM.Data.createLink(artifactRef, RM.Data.VALIDATED_BY, testStepURL, callback);

But this results in return code: OPERATION_BAD_REQUEST being returned to my callback function.

Does the RM API support linking to test artifacts? If not, is there a supported method of setting a 'Validated by' link programatically?

Thanks!
Dave

2 answers

permanent link
Robert Burmeister (112) | answered Mar 30 '21, 8:12 a.m.
edited Mar 30 '21, 8:21 a.m.

Hello Dave,

it works if you create an RM.ArtifactRef-object. But you only name the uri (is the encoded uri from the test case). Then use the ref-object within the creatLink function. If the you have a proper link-validity it works.

For example:  
RM.Data.createLink(refRequierment, RM.Data.VALIDATED_BY, refQmArtefact, function(res){});

Regards,
Robert

Comments
Bartosz Chrabski commented Mar 30 '21, 8:19 a.m.

I am not sure if You understood question from Dave. We are talking about links between QM and RM.

Robert Burmeister commented Mar 30 '21, 8:23 a.m.

I am absolut sure, that I understood the question right. I have added an example-code to my answer.

Robert Burmeister commented Mar 30 '21, 8:32 a.m.

Bartosz,

by the way we know each other from an Jazz installation 1,5 years ago in Bremen via web-session. Do you remember me?

Regards

Robert  

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12648) | answered Oct 01 '20, 1:52 p.m.
Dave,

Widget API supports only creating links inside RM (between artifacts). If You want to create links with test cases then You should use OSLC. Hope it will help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.