It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

View with all artifacts modified in a Change Set

Richard Hall (107211) | asked Sep 24 '20, 11:16 a.m.

Within the context set a Change Set that has not yet been delivered, is it possible to create a view that shows all artifacts modified in that change set?

I know that I can use 'Compare with Stream' to see what artifacts have been modified, but I would like a view so that I can change the value of attributes for all artifacts that are modified in the change set.

Alternatively is there a different way to change an attribute on all artifacts modified in a Change Set

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 24 '20, 11:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 24 '20, 1:13 p.m.
Invalid answer below is for EWM only.

Rightclick the change set and select show in Change Explorer. That should give you a view with all elements in the change set. I have no system running right now, if you could set attributes there.

Comments
Richard Hall commented Sep 24 '20, 12:01 p.m.
I am not familiar with Change Explorer and cannot seem to find it.

Which dialog do I need to right click the change set from to bring this up?

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 24 '20, 12:05 p.m.

Don't have a system running right now. In the Eclipse client, I believe, right click on the change set e.g. in the history view or the pending changes. Select Show In>Change Explorer. There are several options in that dialog. Also look at other options in the context menu of the change set. There are different views available. Try them, in case I am confusing the names.

Richard Hall commented Sep 24 '20, 12:20 p.m.

I am running DOORS NG within an browser and not using an Eclipse client.

I have found a place that lists all the artifacts changed in a Change Set

"Manage Components and Configurations -> <select stream>, Change Sets tab, <select change set>, Changed Resources tab.

But I see no way to edit attributes from there.

I can also 'Compare with Stream' which shows the changed attributes but no way to edit the attributes for multiple artifacts at once

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 24 '20, 1:12 p.m.

Sorry, stupid me. I thought EWM. Did not check your accurate tagging. Forget my answer.

Richard Hall commented Sep 24 '20, 2:27 p.m.

No problem.
Hopefully someone else has a way

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.