It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report Builder Not Able to Access Artifact Type

Ian Dunn (1318) | asked Sep 24 '20, 6:20 a.m.

A new Requirements Management Project, which is configuration enabled, has been created for me several weeks ago and I have added a component that has an artifact type called “Requirements Specification” shortly afterward. This contains, amongst others, an artifact type called “Requirement”. Both of these artifact types have a defined URI.  I have created a module using this Requirements Specification artifact type. When I build a report, I start by selecting Lifecycle Query Engine scoped by a configuration because the project is configuration enabled. When I choose either the Requirement or Requirements Specification as the artifact type for the report and then select the new Requirements Management Project, an error message to the effect that I am currently using a project specific artifact type 'Requirements Specification' but a corresponding project is not selected. If I change the project to an earlier one, the message disappears.

<o:p> </o:p>

Any idea why Report Builder doesn’t recognise the artifact types in the new project ? <o:p> </o:p>

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Sep 29 '20, 5:08 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The LQE needs to refresh its metamodel to pick up type system changes. By default this happens every 12 or 24 hours (I don't recall which). I wonder if something is happening that is keeping LQE from doing this, or perhaps there are some errors in your requirements TRS feed. I suggest checking LQE admin pages for errors/diagnostics (and if necessary, the logs). If you are still stumped, then I suggest a support case.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.