It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Quality Management - Test Case Execution Records

Christopher McDaniel (157) | asked Sep 22 '20, 7:11 a.m.
I am noticing that when a Test Case has multiple Test Scripts, the TCER summarizes (rollsup) the last script run-result as the pass or fail for the overall execution.  But that last result could be a pass even though a separate script within that Test Case failed.  I would think that you would want the TCER to show a failure state until all scripts have passed.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the intent of the TCER? Or is there a way to stipulate that the TCERs will show a failure state until all scripts have passed?

Thanks for the help!
Chris

One answer

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Oct 29 '20, 1:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

TCER will always show pass / fail based on last result. It is recommended to associate 1 test script per test case. It may happen user has created a manual test script first and associated with a test case and later automated the manual test script. To support that scenario multiple test script association is supported with a test case. If test scripts are different, it is recommended to create separate test cases for each test script. User can create a test suite and add all related test cases into the test suite.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.