It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does my module not have any revisions when I look at its history?

Alexander Reyes (196) | asked Sep 16 '20, 1:55 p.m.

I am using Doors Next Generation v6.0.6 and wanted to make use of the "Revisions" tab when opening its history. The issue I have is that, although I have extensively edited the module and its attributes, no revisions of the module exist. Artifacts that aren't modules have a revision for each update made to it, respectively. Do modules not have revisions? I see the change log, but no revisions are visible.

One answer

permanent link
Carol Watson (71015) | answered Sep 16 '20, 5:27 p.m.

Hi Alexander,

If you click on the Audit History tab it displays the changes to the artifacts 'in the module' and includes attribute additions/changes.   

The Revisions tab displays only changes to the Module Artifact itself such as the name of the Module or a Baseline.

Regards,
Carol

Comments
Alexander Reyes commented Sep 18 '20, 11:14 a.m.

Thank you for clarifying, Carol. I was able to create a revision of the module by creating a baseline of the component it belongs to, however, modifying the module artifact itself (e.g. changing its name or attributes) does not create a revision. Any idea why that may be?

Carol Watson commented Sep 21 '20, 9:39 a.m.

I just tried it Alexander and you're right, it only considers Baselines as a "revision".  I'm not using GC, so am not sure if there are differences there if you have that turned on. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.